Monday, February 24, 2014

Barbie Project

For the barbie project we had to give a celebrity or person the real life proportions of a cartoon character. For mine i chose to do Walter White with the proportions of Woody from Toy Story. I replaced the Heisenberg hat with Woody's cowboy hat and then adjusted his arms, shoulder, and body to fit Woody's. Walter and Woody seem to have the same facial proportions so instead of adjusting his face i smoothed out a select few places on his skin using the patch tool to make his skin look a little smoother and more plastic like.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Retouching 2

Today we did our second retouching project in which we were open to correct anything or change anything. For mine i softened her skin an removed blemishes and then used a technique to add an airbrushed effect to the skin. i then softened the lines around her chin and nose. I also adjusted the color of her eyes and removed lines from under her eyes and around her mouth .

Retouching 1

for this project we learned the basics of retouching photos. i started by removing freckles, sun spots, and blemishes from the face of the girl in the picture then began to soften her complexion and make her skin seem lighter and softer then enlarged her eyes and smoothed the edges of her face creating the photo we have to finish which looks nothing like the original.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Paint Splatter Project

For my paint splatter project i used a dancer because the quick movement would make it easier to match with the paint splatters and the dancers dress being mostly one color made it look more realistic and easier to match. I added paint splatters and adjusted the saturation and color to match the dress and the dress to better match the color of the paint after that i blended the edges in with the dress and tried to make sure the light on the dress matched up with the highlights of the paint as i blended it.

Friday, February 7, 2014


For my Newimal project i decided to mix a bear and a cat mainly because they have similar color and fur types. I erased and blended to help make the ears look more like they belonged on the bear and the erased so that the whiskers would look connected to the bears face. I then adjusted the hue and saturation to try and make the fur colors more similar in shade. Then to finish it off i used the burn tool to give the shape of the bears face more round and softer edges and now its a bear cat so yeah thats pretty cool.

Thursday, February 6, 2014


wow yeah this elephant got in a paint fight or something idk but yeah this is my splatfant his pretty cool i like the way he turned out even though the colors turned out a lot brighter than i thought hes still cool tho

X-Ray Skeleton

Yeah so we did skeleton x-rays and what not and it took me until taking and uploading my picture to remember chick did in fact not have any hands so with that being said i looked up an actual x-ray and formed it to fit the same way i then added a little heart to the forearm. (because you know heart on your sleeve idk im cheesey) i was originally gonna do an anatomically correct heart but that turned out way creepier than intended so yeah thats how i made my project wooh

Wednesday, February 5, 2014


For the colorize project we learned how to adjust images and transform them using color on the basis of a regular picture. so yeah we basically made a colorful dancer and he turned out pretty cool.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014


For this project we were supposed to photo shop ourselves interacting with a cartoon character and change the background. im pretty proud of this mainly because this episode of spongebob is probably the greatest and im kinda thinking about making it my profile picture because i think its hilarious. yeah so overall good project 10/10 would recommend.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Frog Tongue

Today i did the frog tongue project which taught about moving different textures and creating different effects with shadows and photoshop tools to make images look more realistic i followed the tutorial on how to make this and found it was easier than i originally thought it was going to be although transferring the tongues coloring onto the frog was a little bit of a challenge i am happy with the way my project turned out overall