Thursday, January 16, 2014
For my final project I made a plaster hand model. I made it by dipping plaster strips in water and then draping them around my hand. After letting it dry I cut it up to the wrist and then repaired it after sliding it off. After letting it dry over night I came back and added the finishing touches by paper mâché newspaper and colored tissue paper to the outside. Over all this was a fun project and I enjoyed doing it. If I were to change one thing about my project I probably would have painted it by hand and added cool effects instead of the paper mâché.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The direction i took with the word repetition was with the repetition of the wheel spinning and the repetition of the amount of times it took me to create a bowl that was actually functional and symmetrical. I began by sketching out ideas of the bowls shape and then the process of wedging and throwing clay on the wheel until I created a piece that I liked. I then waited several days for it to dry some and flipped over and secured it on the wheel so i could detail, trim, and add a foot to the bottom of my bowl. I then added the sun details to the inside of the bowl and glazed it to finish. The thing I feel was most successful was the sun inside of the bowl. If i was to change something about it i would have redone the glaze and made it more even throughout each part of the bowl.