Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Repetition

The direction i took with the word repetition was with the repetition of the wheel spinning and the repetition of the amount of times it took me to create a bowl that was actually functional and symmetrical. I began by sketching out ideas of the bowls shape and then the process of wedging and throwing clay on the wheel until I created a piece that I liked. I then waited several days for it to dry some and flipped over and secured it on the wheel so i could detail, trim, and add a foot to the bottom of my bowl. I then added the sun details to the inside of the bowl and glazed it to finish. The thing I feel was most successful was the sun inside of the bowl. If i was to change something about it i would have redone the glaze and made it more even throughout each part of the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment