Friday, May 29, 2015

Scratchboard

For my scratchboard i wanted to do something really different. I felt like all my projects this semester had kinda stayed in this serious logical box and made sense. im sure some people wouldnt agree but for me i felt like i needed to get out of the normality and do something that didnt make sense because those tend to be the pieces im most proud of. I mixed my favorite animal, a narwhal, with scenery i observed from alice in wonderland, thus creating narwhal in wonderland. i really like it because its light piece that i didnt drive myself crazy taking too seriously. it also reminds me of a an illustration which i really like. if i was to change something id probably change the way i scratched the motion in the water. it felt really busy and divided and id like it to feel more fluid and together and resemble the still water less.

No comments:

Post a Comment